Welcome to the Bedfordshire AAA Web Site
Bedfordshire AAA is promoting a 10K road race this year
NOTE it is NOT the County championship race this year, that is at Flitwick, but will be in future years.
The results of the Bedfordshire 10K are here Beds AAA 10k - results.xls
The 2017 Beds County Championship races are as follows below:
20 Mile - Oakley - was held on 2nd April.
Results are here Beds AAA county results Oakley 20 2017.xlsx
10km - Flitwick - was held on 9th April
Final results are here Beds AAA Flitwick 10K County Champs Results.xls
5 Mile - John O'Callaghan - Luton - was held on 25th June
Final results are here Beds AAA 2017 John OCallaghan 5 mile county results.xlsx
5km - Doug Anderson - Bedford was held on 26th July
Final results are here Beds AAA DA5K 2017 county results.xls
10 Mile - Leighton Buzzard - was held on 17th September.
Results are here Beds AAA Leighton Buzzard 10 mile results 2017.xlsx
Half Marathon - Wootton - will be held on 3rd December
Marathon - No Championships in 2017
County Awards criteria
1. A Gold medal will be awarded to first place in any category. Nobody will receive more than one gold medal (see clarification below)
2. No medals will be given for second or third place BUT certificates will be awarded for the first three places (including first) in each category. Medals will usually be awarded on the day. Certificates will follow later.
3. Categories are as follows: the overall race position, juniors (U20) and vets in 5 year age groups. Females start at V35, males at V40.
4. As mentioned above nobody will get two medals. So should for example a FV60 be the overall fastest vet, they will only get the V60 medal and NOT V35, V40, V45, V50, V55 medals as well.
Note the above is not an exaggerated example but has actually happened (Luton 5 Mile 2017 most recently but other occasions as well) !
5. Criterion 4 also applies if a vet wins the overall race. I.e. they will get the medal for the overall race and not for their vet category which will go to the next fastest vet.
6. A further clarification to criterion 5 however is that if a vet gets an overall second or third place, they WILL get an overall certificate AND a Gold medal for their vet category assuming they have won it.