Welcome to the Bedfordshire AAA Web Site
The 2018 Beds County Championship races are as follows below:
20 Mile - Oakley - was cancelled on 18th March due to bad weather. (Snow and Ice)
10 Mile - Sandy - was held on 8th April. Results are here \Beds AAA 10 Mile 2018 County Champs results.xls
5 Mile - John O'Callaghan - Luton - was held on 24th June. Results are here Beds AAA 5 miles county results 2018.xlsx
Note there was a glitch in the results programme which has meant that I have had to review all results and just realised that not all times are in.
I will republish them once I have copied in but you can find them on he Luton AC website in the meantime in the overall race rtesults
10km - Bedfordshire AAA road race - Bedford - 20th July - See details below
5km - Doug Anderson - Bedford - 25th July
Half Marathon - Wootton - 2nd December
Marathon - No Championships in 2018
BEDFORDSHIRE 10K details
Paper entry form is here Beds AAA 10k Entry Form 2018.pdf
County Awards criteria
1. A Gold medal will be awarded to first place in any category. Nobody will receive more than one gold medal (see clarification below). Medals will usually be awarded on the day.
2. As of 2018 no medals nor certificates will be given for second or third place.
3. Categories are as follows: the overall race position, juniors (U20) and vets in 5 year age groups. Females start at V35, males at V40.
4. As mentioned above nobody will get two medals. So should for example a FV60 be the overall fastest vet, they will only get the V60 medal and NOT V35, V40, V45, V50, V55 medals as well.
Note the above is not an exaggerated example but has actually happened (Luton 5 Mile 2017 most recently but other occasions as well) !
5. Criterion 4 also applies if a vet wins the overall race. I.e. they will get the medal for the overall race and not for their vet category which will go to the next fastest vet.
For previous years' details select Archives on Left Hand Menu