Welcome to the Bedfordshire AAA Web Site
BEDFORDSHIRE 10K details
Beds AAA 10k. Friday 30th July 7.15pm
The Beds AAA 10k is run on traffic free tarmac cycleways, starting and finishing in Priory Park Bedford. The route is very flat with huge PB potential. Bedford International Stadium (MK41 9SB) is the race HQ with ample parking close by, and the race start/finish within a 5 minute jog.
The race incorporates the Beds County 10k road championships, for which qualification is by (a) birth in Bedfordshire, or (b) residence in Bedfordshire for the previous 9 months.
The race is subject to the planned relaxation of Covid Government restrictions, and it is hoped the race will operate as near to normal as possible. The signs are very good.
You can enter online at
Postal entry form below
Course map below
The 2021 Beds County Championship races are as follows below in usual date order:
ULTIMATELY ALL PLANNED RACES ARE SUBJECT TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS BEING RELAXED SUFFICIENTLY TO ALLOW RACES TO BE ORGANISED
20 Mile - Oakley – CANCELLED
10 Mile – Leighton Buzzard – 19th September
5 Mile - John O'Callaghan - Luton – CANCELLED
10km - Bedfordshire AAA road race – Bedford - 30th July
5km - Doug Anderson - Bedford – 21st July
Half Marathon - Wootton – DATE TBC
Marathon - No Championships in 2021
County Awards criteria
1. A Gold medal will be awarded to first place in any category. Nobody will receive more than one gold medal (see clarification below). Medals will usually be awarded on the day.
2. As of 2018 no medals nor certificates will be given for second or third place. However individual clubs may produce them for their members.
3. Categories are as follows: the overall race position, juniors (U20) and vets in 5 year age groups. Females start at V35, males at V40.
4. As mentioned above nobody will get two medals. So should for example a FV60 be the overall fastest vet, they will only get the V60 medal and NOT V35, V40, V45, V50, V55 medals as well.
Note the above is not an exaggerated example but has actually happened (Luton 5 Mile 2017 most recently but other occasions as well) !
5. Criterion 4 also applies if a vet wins the overall race. I.e. they will get the medal for the overall race and not for their vet category which will go to the next fastest vet.
For previous years' details select Archives on Left Hand Menu