Welcome to the Bedfordshire AAA Web Site
The 2018 Beds County Championship races are as follows below:
20 Mile - Oakley - will be held on 18th March.
10 Mile - Sandy - will be held on 8th April.
5 Mile - John O'Callaghan - Luton - 24th June
10km - Bedfordshire AAA road race - Bedford - 20th July
5km - Doug Anderson - Bedford - 25th July
Half Marathon - Wootton - 2nd December
Marathon - No Championships in 2018
County Awards criteria
1. A Gold medal will be awarded to first place in any category. Nobody will receive more than one gold medal (see clarification below)
2. No medals will be given for second or third place BUT certificates will be awarded for the first three places (including first) in each category. Medals will usually be awarded on the day. Certificates will follow later.
3. Categories are as follows: the overall race position, juniors (U20) and vets in 5 year age groups. Females start at V35, males at V40.
4. As mentioned above nobody will get two medals. So should for example a FV60 be the overall fastest vet, they will only get the V60 medal and NOT V35, V40, V45, V50, V55 medals as well.
Note the above is not an exaggerated example but has actually happened (Luton 5 Mile 2017 most recently but other occasions as well) !
5. Criterion 4 also applies if a vet wins the overall race. I.e. they will get the medal for the overall race and not for their vet category which will go to the next fastest vet.
6. A further clarification to criterion 5 however is that if a vet gets an overall second or third place, they WILL get an overall certificate AND a Gold medal for their vet category assuming they have won it.